Friday, April 08, 2005

Why not email?

Recieving personal emails at work has always seemed a delicate issue, even when you ignore the whole timewasting aspect. I am always concious of the fact that I can't keep personal emails, or if I do I have to think very carefully about what, where and other things begginning with "wh".
Using a web site with comments seems to solve the whole archive thing, and with site feeds available it will continue to allow the usual immediacy, if you want it.

Am I off track with this?

2 comments :

AJ Thomas said...

I'm sure it is an interesting way to communicate to a broad audience - but
as we already know each other, like what we say and know each other can be
trusted - why deviate?

You'll be changing jobs next - you revolutionary you!

Miles Austin

AJ Thomas said...

Our emails are essentially a short intro by one, with follow up comments by the rest, which is exactly what the blog offers.
We can keep the blog private, access it at our convienience, and avoid all the email at work stuff, (I don't know what my new employer's policy is) and even avoid the home/work communication divide.


Am I selling it yet?


James